RPL Summer Reading Program
June 16 – August 4, 2018
The Summer Reading Program at Richmond Public Library is not only fun, but it’s also an important way to help your child maintain, and even increase, his or her literacy skills. Studies show that children who don’t read over the summer can actually develop what some call the “summer slide.” That is, a loss in literacy skills. But that doesn’t have to be case. Richmond Public Library always provides fun and exciting opportunities to read and learn all summer long!
Here’s how you can participate:
- Register at your local branch and pick up your Reading Adventures bingo card. Or, register online and download a copy.
- Start reading and completing activities on your bingo card.
- Mark your progress and win prizes.
- 1st Bingo – get a color changing cup and 1 grand prize entry.
- 2nd Bingo – get a book and 1 grand prize entry.
- BLACKOUT – receive 3 more entries for the grand prize.
Grand prizes for all categories:
- Read to Me (Birth-Pre-K) Gift basket of books, learning toys, and more plus a one year family membership to the Children’s Museum.
- Children (K-5th grade) Great Wolf Lodge Family 4 pack for a weekend of fun.
- Teens (6th-12th grade) 2 Season Passes to Kings Dominion for 2019 and 2 tickets for any day visit during the 2018 season.
- Adults An Echo and Echo Dot for your entertaining needs.
In addition to completing the bingo card, you can also attend one of the many fun events and programs the library has planned.