Strategic Plan Priorities 2011-2016
- To recognize the role of the Library in the quality of life for residents of the City of Richmond, and to advocate for, and support, the Library.
- To develop a Board of Directors that is motivated and qualified to carry out the Foundation’s Strategic Plan, and which will assist the Library Board in support of its strategic plan.
- To develop and maintain a solid annual fund appeal through the solicitation of individuals, corporations, and foundations, which will guarantee regular support of Library program and initiatives.
- To continue to research and solicit funders of restricted gifts for identified Library programs.
- To prepare to launch a General Endowment Drive of at least $1,000,000 in 2014 in support of a project to be decided by the Foundation Board.
- To create a marketing and public relations campaign to create public awareness of the Library system and its funding needs.
- To maintain the highest level of fiscal responsibility and financial management of the organization.
- To promote and build the relationships and strengths of the Foundation, Library Board and Friends of the Library.