Voting has now officially ended. Thank you to everyone who voted!
The three books that receive the most popular votes will go to a panel of three judges who will decide the final winner. The winner will be honored at the YAVA Award celebration to be held at the Main Branch of Richmond Public Library on Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 2-4:00 pm.
The winning author will be recognized and receive a $1,000 cash prize at the YAVA Book and Author Party at Richmond Public Library on Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 2-4 pm.
Criteria For Consideration
- the author must reside in Virginia
- the book must have been released during 2017
- the book must have been written for readers in middle or high school
- the book may be fiction, nonfiction, or poetry
- three (3) copies of the nominated book must be submitted to Jennifer Deuell, Richmond Public Library, 101 East Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23219
For additional information, please call 804-646-1867 or email Heather.Montgomery@richmondgov.com