You Are Invited
to participate in the Richmond Public Library’s RVA Reads Program. We recruit volunteer readers to read to each preschool class at Richmond’s Five Regional Preschool Centers. Monthly (October – May) we read to the children and each child receives the book to take home.
- We ask our volunteers to arrive at the preschool center at 9:30 am.
- We will have an overview of the book of the month with suggested ways to enhance your interaction with the children.
- We read to the children at 10:00 am for about 20 minutes.
Early literacy skills are critical to children’s school readiness. RVA READS is one effort to improve early literacy and school readiness skills by building home libraries. Parents, teachers, volunteers and community members play a vital role in supporting our children!
Please help to improve early literacy skills of these wonderful children.
We Read at Richmond’s Five Regional Preschool Centers
- Maymont Preschool Learning Center on 1st Wednesdays
1211 South Allen Ave., Richmond, VA 23220
- Summer Hill Preschool Center on 2nd Tuesdays
2717 Alexander Ave. Richmond, VA 23234
- Blackwell Preschool Learning Center on 2nd Wednesdays
238 East 14th St. Richmond, VA 23224
- Mary Scott Preschool Learning Center on 3rd Wednesdays
4011 Moss Side Ave., Richmond, VA 23222
- MLK Preschool Learning Center on 4th Wednesdays
900 Mosby St., Richmond, VA 23223