TO OUR RICHMOND COMMUNITY
Thank you to everyone who joined Richmond Public Library for a Community Meeting about the Main Library
Library Director Scott Firestine hosted a public meeting at the Main Library Tuesday, March 1, 2022 from 6:00pm-7:30pm to reveal the findings and recommendations for the next steps of the Richmond Public Library Facility Master Plan. The meeting included a presentation of our vision for the Main Library, and an interactive Q&A session with the Project Team. The Library is in Phase Two of the Facility Master Plan, which begins with an assessment and design development for renovations of the Main Library.
- Revealed the vision for the Main Library Renovation
- Provided an opportunity for our community to share thoughts and provide feedback on the future of the Main Library building
In 2008, Phase One of the Richmond Public Library Facility Master Plan addressed the immediate and critical infrastructure and technology upgrades of all branch libraries. This phase was completed in 2017 with the renovation and expansion of the West End Branch Library on Patterson Avenue.
Phase Two brings a needs assessment, facility review and redesign recommendation for the Main Library.
- Click here to view the recording of the first Community Meeting (Community Workshop for Main Library Master Plan July 15, 6-7:30 PM Main Library)
- Click here to view the recording of the second Community Meeting (Community Workshop for Main Library Master Plan March 1, 2022 6-7:30 PM Main Library)
- Click here to see results of our Community Survey